E.U citizenship or E.U work permit is a must to have
European qualified lawyer with minimum of 6 years of experience
Experience and a keen interest in non-contentious regulatory matters, capital markets, banking and/or other finance-related law
Fluent in written and spoken English is a must to have (and French beginner/french basics minimum)
Key Responsibilities and Challenges
Providing sound commercial and legal advice to clients :
- Deliver a comprehensive range of legal services on all aspects of financial law;-
- Assist clients on complex advisory mandates/ finance transactions involving numerous participants and jurisdictions;
- Drafting creatively, clearly and accurately and negotiating finance documentation, demonstrating familiarity with the latest trends, precedents and market standards;
- Research, due diligence and information management;
- Communicating and negotiating on behalf of client, leading where appropriate;
- Taking initial instructions internally or externally, delegating where appropriate.
Client Relationship Management :
Taking a lead role in advising the client;
- Demonstrating thorough market knowledge to identify current trends and concerns in relevant industry sectors;
- Able to present ideas to the client to resolve current market issues and anticipate potential problems;
- Building rapport and establishing credibility with the client;
- Continually seeking to improve the level of service to the client.
- Management :
- Supervising team and demonstrating control (particularly of documentation) through effective delegation;
- Debriefing at the end of a matter or at other appropriate stages;
- Co-ordinating, coaching and monitoring the work of others to facilitate achievement of objectives;
- Managing meetings effectively by setting clear objectives and agendas and encouraging other’s participation;
- Demonstrating judgment in giving instructions to junior lawyers and managing their work;
- Reviewing performance of junior lawyers against individual plans and acting when necessary to progress. Delivering difficult messages constructively and positively;
- Developing and participating in group projects and initiatives including marketing and know-how projects.
Business Development :
- Networking with clients to capitalise on new business opportunities;
- Contribute to quality know-how and transaction bibles and their upkeep;
- Keeping up-to-date with client industry developments and their implications;
- Contributing to business planning – demonstrating awareness of the Firm’s strategic direction;
- Contributing to and providing leadership for client pitches;
- Networking with more senior client contacts, maximising potential of each contact.
Working With Others :
- Quickly establish constructive and collaborative working relationships;
- Make yourself available, acting as a sounding board for colleagues, calling out inappropriate behaviour and facilitating flow of communication between team and other parts of the firm;
- Inspire confidence and respect of others through all interactions;
- Communicate effectively, adapt communication style in recognition of diverse working styles and different pressure points;
- Energy and commitment, with a flexible and proactive approach;
- Appreciative of the culturally diverse environment in which the Firm operates.
Knowledge & Learning :
- Deliver practice specific training to develop junior associates;
- Regularly giving and seeking clear performance feedback to/from others;
- Contribute to development of necessary precedents and know-how, and share knowledge and learning with others;
- Involving junior staff in different types of work to cascade learning and broaden experience;
- Playing a role in the induction of junior staff;
- Interviewing potential trainees.
European qualified lawyer with minimum of 6 years of experience as well as outstanding academic qualifications;
You will have a range of experience and a keen interest in non-contentious regulatory matters, capital markets, banking and/or other finance-related law.
Fluent in written and spoken English and French, German would be an asset;
Exceptional networking skills;
Ability to communicate assertively when under pressure;
Excellent analytical skills;
Ability to influence using appropriate techniques.
Innovative and practical;
Marchés de capitaux