Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Social Sciences, Business or related topic
8 years of relevant experience in P/CVE development, peacebuilding or security, working with NGOs/IGOs, foundations or similar
4 years of experience working directly with donors and government officials in a management capacity
Fluency in English and working knowledge of French (B2-level). Portuguese (B2-level) and Russian (B2-level) are assets.
Responsible for ‘end-to-end’ grant-making and grant-management activities and managing in-country donor and government relationships in designated countries.
Principal accountabilities and ownership:
1. Operational grant making and management: Responsible for collaborating with other Country Managers and relevant colleagues in other units to ensure efficient, effective, and compliant grant making and management of GCERF portfolio.
2. Relationship management: Responsible for strengthening in-country relations with incountry government-led coordination mechanism, donor representatives, and other key stakeholders such as the UN through regular, strategic, and systematic engagement in designated countries.
3. Thematic focal point: Responsible for developing and promoting GCERF’s expertise on specific themes (PVE, displacement, rehabilitation and integration, gender, etc.) in collaboration with other Country Managers.
4. Fundraising: Responsible for proactively supporting in-country and thematic resource mobilisation efforts including reporting
Required travel: Up to 40% (Position is based in Geneva, CH)
• Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Social Sciences, Business or related topic
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in P/CVE development, peacebuilding or security, working with NGOs/IGOs, foundations or similar
• At least 6 years of field experience, preferably in more than one country and preferably in GCERF partner countries.
• At least 4 years of experience working directly with donors and government officials in a management capacity
• Holistic understanding of global issues concerning PVE
• Strong knowledge of the socio-political environment and civil society organisations of countries affected by violent extremism and terrorism
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of programme design and development, project cycle management, and financial budgeting and reporting.
• Experience of working alongside a wide range of grantees with skill and sensitivity, including community-based and grassroots organisations.
• In-depth understanding of the work, challenges of community-based, and grassroots organisations.
• Experience of working with Consortium funding models.
• Strong Project Management skills
• Strategic thinking and writing skills
• Fluency in English and working knowledge of French (B2-level). Portuguese (B2-level) and Russian (B2-level) are assets.
Personal skills and attributes
• Proactivity and innovation
• Drive for results
• Solution oriented
• Teamwork and flexibility
• Effective communications
• Excellent presentation
• Good judgement, informed and fair decision making
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Empathy and mentoring
• Openness to new ideas, methods and approaches